Calendar Is Here
The first Vancouver Letterpress League Calendar is here. It’s a very limited edition of 250 and features a variety of beautiful printing techniques. We’ve got handset wood and metal type, polymer, hand-carved linocuts, a woodcut, silkscreening, watercolour, split fountain, and other details. Congratulations to all the printers who put so much time and effort into this collaboration.
Here’s an overview.
- January: wood and metal type, 2 colour. Kevin Rowe.
- February: polymer, 2-colour (1 blind impression). Kirsty Armstrong.
- March: polymer, 2 colour. Port Paper Co.
- April: metal type, 2 colour. Clawhammer Press.
- May: polymer, 1 colour. Travis Gertz.
- June: all metal ornaments, 2 colour (that’s City Hall!). The Bowler Press.
- July: split fountain on a C+P, hand carved linocut, lead type, polymer plates. Gusty Whale Press.
- August: hand carved linocut, self-produced polymer. 3 colour. District Dogs Designs.
- September: 1 colour with metal cut and type on a C+P, 1 colour silkscreen. Forest and Waves.
- October: 1 colour woodcut on a C+P, 2 colour silkscreen. Cara Sacaffien.
- November: 3 colour, wood, metal and polymer. Fox & Found Press.
- December: 1 colour polymer, 1 colour hand-painted watercolour. Sam Bradd.
- Cover by Fox and Found Press.
You can buy a calendar starting this Saturday at the Vancouver Public Library Wayzgoose fair. After that, message us through Facebook or email and we’ll set you up.